2017 Summer Camps
June 19-23 at Edith Bowen School
Summer Music Institute
9:00 am - 3:00 pm each day for ages 8-12. $90.00 per registrant
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm each day for ages 6-7. $50.00 per registrant
Summer Music Institute is for students ages 6-12. Sing, play, and move through a week of active music-making at Edith Bowen Laboratory School on the Utah State University campus. Sponsored by Cache Children's Choir, master Orff Schulwerk music teachers will share their expertise in group singing, reading rhythmic and solfege notation, playing pitched and non-pitched percussion and developing musicianship through movement. A culminating concert is scheduled for Friday at 2 pm.
- Orff Ensemble: taught by Delpha Hall
- Music and Movement: taught by nationally known specialist Mika Inouye
- Choral Artistry: taught by Claudia Bigler
- Grade level Concert Literature: Melody Francis, Claudia Bigler, and Jill DeVilbiss
- Solfege: Jill DeVilbiss
Registration is limited, and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Students who complete the summer camp may be eligible to receive a 50% reduction in tuition for the 2017-18 year of Cache Children's Choir.
Summer Mini-Music Camp
Exploring Our Earth through Music and Movement
Summer Mini-Music Camp is designed to give children ages 4-6 an opportunity to experience and learn about music in a joyful way. Activities will include singing, creative movement, playing simple instruments, singing games, folk dancing, literature and visual art. The camp is sponsored by Cache Children's Choir and the Orff-Schulwerk Teacher Education Course at Utah State University.
June 26-29, 2017
Place: Edith Bowen Laboratory School
Time: 9:30 am-12:00 pm
Tuition: $45 per registrant
- Jill DeVilbiss, music specialist at Edith Bowen Laboratory School
- Ewa Wilczynski, director of Cadenza Cache Children's Choir (CCC), Early Childhood Music Teacher