2018 Summer Camps
It's Cache Children's Choir's 30th Anniversary! In honor of this event, there is a 30% discount for the second and third child to register from a single family.
Summer Music Institute
June 18-22 at Edith Bowen School
9:00 am - 3:00 pm each day for ages 7-14.
$95.00 per registrant
Summer Music Institute is for students ages 7-14. Sing, play, and move through a week of active music-making at Edith Bowen Laboratory School on the Utah State University campus.
Sponsored by Cache Children's Choir, come join us for a week full of master classes in Solfege, Choral singing, Orff Instruments, Movement and Folk Dance. New additions this year include a class in performance and microphone technique and an advanced choral class for students age 12-14. Our week will end with a celebratory performance by YOU!
- Orff Ensemble: taught by Delpha Hall
- Music and Movement: taught by internationally known specialist Saskia Beverloo
- Choral Artistry: taught by Claudia Bigler
- Folk Music: taught Melody Francis
- Solfege and Sightsinging: taught by Jill DeVilbiss
- Performance and Microphone Technique: taught by Janni Richards
Music and Movement Camp for Children
Creeping, Crawling, Flying Insects
Place: Edith Bowen Lab School
Time: June 25-28, 2018
Camp I 9:30am-12:00pm Ages 4-6
Camp II 1:30pm-4:00pm Ages 6-7
Tuition: $50 per child
Size of each group: Sessions will be limited to 20 participants.
Music and Movement: taught by Saskia Beverloo, founder and teacher of Music Center Harlekijntje in the Netherlands, Early Childhood Music Specialist.
With insects as our theme, we invite children ages 4-7 to experience and learn about music in a joyful way. How do insects move? How do they sound? Where do insects live? Activities will include creative movement, playing simple instruments, singing and singing games, literature, and visual art. The camp is sponsored by Cache Children’s Choir and the Orff-Schulwerk Teacher Education Course at Utah State University. Children will have the opportunity to work with course faculty and participants.
Registration is non-refundable after June 1, 2018.
- Saskia Beverloo, founder and teacher of Music Center Harlekijntje in the Netherlands, Early Childhood Music Specialist .
- Jill DeVilbiss, music specialist at Edith Bowen Laboratory School
- Ewa Wilczynski, director of Cadenza Cache Children's Choir (CCC), Early Childhood Music Teacher
If you are registering more than one child start with the 'One Child' option and then add the 'Two or More' option. You will need to fill out a form for each child individually - so, when you choose 'Two or More,' make sure you add 1 child at a time. You can add them all to your cart and pay for all when you're ready.